Pak-ID Mobile App by NADRA & Everything to Know About It
The launch of the “Digital Pakistan” campaign by the federal government was to promote the concept of e-governance in the country. The services of the National Database Regulatory Authority (NADRA) have also been digitised in recent years under the same vision.
Not long ago, NADRA launched a fully integrated online system by the name of Pak-Identity, officially shortened as Pak-ID. It was previously available for only desktop users, but now mobile users will also be able to access it, thanks to a newly-designed mobile app by NADRA for its Pak-ID portal.
Launch of Pak-ID Mobile Application by NADRA
The launch of the Pak-ID mobile app was officially announced on PM Imran Khan’s Twitter handle. This revolutionary initiative led by the Chairman of NADRA Tariq Malik was highly appreciated by the premier.
“Inaugurated PAK-ID Mobile App by NADRA. A revolutionary step in providing convenience, especially to overseas Pakistanis,” Imran Khan said in his tweet.
With the help of this newly-launched mobile app, locals, as well as overseas Pakistanis (including expatriates in the country), will be able to easily scan and upload photographs and all the other required documents. For the very first time in history, it will also allow users to capture their fingerprints through mobile phone cameras and get them updated in the NADRA database.
While inaugurating the app, Tariq Malik said that the innovation would revolutionise the National Identity Eco-System in Pakistan by providing convenience to the public. According to the communiqué, this was a leap forward putting an end to the conventional method of using specialised equipment or physical paper for processing ID documents in NADRA.
How to Download Pak-ID Mobile App?
The mobile application for the Pak-Identity digital platform is available for two leading operating systems: Android and iOS. You can download the app by accessing Playstore or App Store, based on your operating system.
Downloading and installing the application on your mobile phone will take around 50 Mb of your storage. The mobile application is available for free and can only be used by individuals who already have an account on the Pak-ID website.
How to Update Your Record with NADRA Using Pak-ID Mobile App
While launching it officially, NADRA also shared a tweet on their Twitter handle detailing the process of using NADRA’s Pak-Identity mobile application and highlighting many of its benefits. As per the details shared by NADRA in the tweeted video, here’s how to use Pak-ID mobile app to update your CNIC record and other information to your identity in the national database.
- First thing first, you need to create an account on the Pak-Identity website if you don’t have one.
- To register yourself, you’ll need to provide some basic information including your name, email address, phone number, etc. Once your email address is registered with NADRA, you will have to verify your account by entering a code you’ll get via email or SMS to complete the sign-up process. For more details in this regard, take a look at our complete guide on the NADRA online CNIC verification process.
- Now, log into your account using the Pak-ID app that you have downloaded on your phone.
- Select your desired type of application from the given options.
- If you have any in-process applications, they’ll be shown under the “list of existing applications”.
- Once you tap on your intended application, you’ll see three options: Photograph, Documents, and Fingerprints.
- Start scanning, capturing, and uploading the required documents one by one. Make sure to upload your photo with a plain white background.
- Also, while capturing your fingerprints using your mobile camera, make sure there are no distractions in the background and you have positioned the figures the way it is shown in the video.
- For other necessary steps in the process, you need to visit the official website of the Pak-Identity portal.
There you have it — a complete overview of the newly launched Pak-ID mobile app by NADRA. We hope the information we have shared above will help you with the usage of this mobile application. If you have any further questions or feedback related to this piece, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On a side note, you may also like reading our other blogs based on the countrywide operations of NADRA and many of its digital services. We have listed a few of them below for your reference. Take a look!
For more informative lifestyle guides and property project overviews, keep following Zameen Blog, the best lifestyle and real estate blog in Pakistan. To get all our latest updates, subscribe to our email newsletter and follow our Facebook and Instagram handles.