In Islamabad, Capital Development Authority (CDA) is responsible for all the developments in the capital region to maintain the uniformity of developments in the city. While in the capital territory CDA is the authority that is assigned the task of planning and coordinating, it is also the executive authority that deals with other authorities for building and maintenance of the city. For residents of Islamabad making real estate transactions, it’s important to go over the procedures of CDA related to estate management and building control matters.
The purpose of this blog is to make it easier for the residents of the capital city to know about some of the most frequently used procedures of CDA and the documents that will be required for each procedure. So, let’s begin.
Procedures Of CDA For Building & Estate Management
There are different procedures listed on the website of CDA that have been used commonly by the residents of Islamabad. The changes in procedures can be made any time without prior notice from CDA so it is best that a resident must check with CDA first.
The common procedures used by the residents are:
- Approval of building plans
- Issuance of completion certificate
- Availing facilities at CDA hospital
- Transferring plot/property
- Mortgaging a property
Let’s look in detail at what the requirements are for each one of these.
Approval For Building Plans
A building plan is a drawing that shows how a building or a house will look after it has been constructed. It is important that the plan be approved by the CDA because the construction has to abide by some rules and regulations issued by the authority.
You will need the following documents to complete the application for approval of building plans.
- Forms A1 and A2 filled along with one copy of each six photocopies of each architectural and structural plans
- Letter of estate management that verifies the receipt of scrutiny charges which are PKR 3 per square foot for residential and PKR 10 per square foot for commercial buildings
- A photocopy of CNIC of the allottee, transferee or attorney if they have been assigned the power to do the needful
- An attested copy of the letter of allotment or transfer letter
- A copy of the possession letter
- An attested copy of subdivision of plot if applicable
- Indemnity bond from the allottee attested from notary public on PKR 30 stamp paper
- Soundness and stability certificate by the engineer
Issuance Of Completion Certificate
A completion certificate is awarded by the authority stating that the construction on a plot is according to the approved building plan and that it meets the development standards as set by the authority.
The application for issuance of completion certificate has to be filled on B1 and B2 forms signed by the allottee or the person who has power of attorney. Approval of the architectural directorate CDA is required followed by the approved architect and structural engineer.
- Photocopy of forms B1 and B2 along with six copies of the completion plan
- As per the case, CNIC copy of allottee, transferee or the person who has power of attorney along with Estate Management dues clearance receipt
- Receipt of clearance of dues from revenue directorate
- Paid challan of CDA scrutiny fee as per approved rates of building plans
- Proof of withholding tax for non-residential plots
Availing Facilities At CDA Hospital
The CDA Hospital allows CDA employees and their families to get free of cost consultation who are also entitled to use all medical facilities in the hospital. For any outdoor consultations in all departments, they have to get an outdoor ticket of PKR 10. The facility is only for CDA employees and all other residents of Islamabad have to pay for indoor consultations and diagnoses.
- CDA employees and their dependents are required to show their medical card or computerized card of the employee at the payment counter
Transfer Of Plot/Property
The transfer application for a plot or property has to be filled by both parties and should be attested by a first-class officer. The transfer fee has to be paid in the form of a pay order and the original allotment/transfer letter has to be shown.
- Receipt of the transfer fee
- Original allotment letter or transfer letter
- CNIC copy of the allottee, transferee or attorney
- CNIC copy of the officer who attested the application
- Three signatures or thumb impressions of the allottee/transferee
- Recent photographs of both parties
- Indemnity bond on PKR 30 judicial stamp paper registered with the notary public or oath commissioner
- NOC from the revenue department
- NOC from Building Control Department of CDA for non-conforming use of property
- CDA’s acceptance letter for an attorney with a signed affidavit by the attorney regarding the wellbeing of the allottee
- Original agreement and letter of CDA (if executed) granting permission to mortgage the property
- NOC from loan providing agency if applicable
- In case the allottee or transferee is living abroad, special power of attorney attested by the Pakistani Embassy, High Commission or Consulate will be needed along with attested copies of passports and CNIC
- In the case of a female allottee, a blood relation will have to accompany her to document the proof of identity
- In case the plots have been allotted by CDA, an affidavit prescribed by CDA and attested by notary public or oath commissioner and countersignatures of the first-class magistrate will be required
- In the case of a person working with the Government of Pakistan, a NOC from their department will be required
The property can be mortgaged but you have to seek permission and get it approved first. For the execution of the agreement and conveyance deed, there are only two days so documents must be submitted in time.
If the party wants to mortgage a plot, they will have to execute an agreement with CDA.
- A copy of the site plan provided by CDA
- Application requesting permission to assign the property for mortgage addressed to Director Estate Management CDA
In case there is a construction on the property that has to be mortgaged, the following documents will be required:
- The party will have to execute a Lease Deed or a Conveyance Deed with CDA
- Signe stamp papers of value PKR 40
In order to get more details on the aforementioned topics or on a different topic, CDA has a portal called ‘Ask CDA’ where you can leave your query by submitting an online form.
If you own a property in DHA Lahore or are thinking about buying one, our guide on DHA Lahore Building Control Branch will be of utmost help to you.
You can also keep yourself updated on the current happenings in the real estate industry of Pakistan by subscribing to Zameen Newsletter. Keep following Zameen Blog for recent developments and upcoming projects in the real estate sector of Pakistan. If you want to leave feedback or want to get in touch with us, write to us at email@example.com.