Jhelum is one of the prominent cities of Punjab and is home to a population of 190,425. As evident from its name, the city is situated beside the river Jhelum which has also become an identity of the city. The people residing in the city travel to the major cities of the country to earn their living; however, the city also has an agricultural base and one of its Tehsil – Pind Dadan Khan is also renowned for the mining of Salt. District Jhelum is divided into four different Tehsils: Jhelum, Dina, Sohawa, and Pind Dadan Khan.
Graana.com through this blog brings forth ‘Top 5 Locations to Buy a Commercial Plot in Jhelum’. The area of the Jhelum district stretches from river Jhelum to river Indus and the main North-Western railway line also passes through the city. The southern part of the Jhelum district is linked with Sargodha.
City Housing Jhelum is one of the planned localities of Jhelum city. The locality can be accessed conveniently via GT road as the main boulevard of the City Housing is linked with GT Road. The locality has a settled neighborhood and the most prominent area located near City Housing is Rathian Village.
The prices of commercial plots in City Housing are given as
- A commercial plot over 2 Marlas in City Housing can be purchased between the price range of Rs 40 Lacs-Rs 60 Lacs.
- Similarly, a commercial plot over 4 Marlas can be purchased between Rs 70 Lacs-Rs 90 Lakhs
- 8 Marla commercial plot can be purchased between Rs1.40cr-Rs1.70cr
A few of the notable features of the locality are
- The locality has its own theme park
- Transport facilities can be accessed from GT road
- All the utilities are available in the locality
- Shops on GT road can be accessed
Metro City is also a planned locality of the Jhelum City and it is situated on Sarai Alamgir – Kharian Raod (GT Road). The major areas surrounding Metro City include Grand City and Paabi Forest. The locality also has a settled neighborhood which makes it a suitable place for starting a commercial activity.
The prices of a commercial plot in Metro City are as follows
- A 2.5marla commercial plot in Metro City can be purchased between Rs 32 Lacs-Rs 35 Lacs
- Similarly, a commercial plot spanning over 5 marla can be acquired between Rs1cr-Rs1.10cr
- An 8marla commercial plot in the locality can be owned within the price range of Rs1.40cr-Rs1.50cr.
Some of the prominent features of the locality are
- Health facilities can be accessed in the vicinity
- Educational facilities can be easily accessed in the locality
- Transport facility can be easily accessed on GT road
Grand City is situated nearby Kharian and can be easily accessed via GT road. Some of the prominent areas situated near Grand City include New Metro City and Pabbi Forest. Grand City is built on the concept of the planned community. The area also has a partially running commercial area.
The prices of commercial plots in Grand City are as below
- A commercial plot over 2 marla in Grand City can be owned at the price of Rs40lac
- Further, a commercial plot spanning over 6 marla can be owned within the price of Rs1.5cr
Some of the major characteristics of the locality are given as
- The locality is a gated community
- Provision of 24/7 security
- It is a planned society with good infrastructure
Jadda can also serve the interests of investors who are looking to buy a commercial plot in Jada. The locality is mostly commercial and it is also a major bus stop on GT road. The localities nearby Jadda include Machine Mohallah and Mujahidabad. Ch.Ghulam Ahmed road also converges on GT road at Jadda.
The prices of a commercial plot in Jadda are given as
Some of the major characteristics of the area are as follows
- DHQ, Jhelum can be easily accessed from the locality
- Transport facilities can be easily accessed from the area
- Educational institutes are easily available in the vicinity
Grand Trunk road is one of the major trade routes of South Asia, and the road had great importance in colonial times. GT road traverses almost the whole country and all the major cities of Pakistan are located beside GT road. Similarly, GT road also passes through Jhelum thus providing a linkage to the whole of Pakistan.
The price of a commercial plot on GT road is given as
- A commercial plot over 10marla on GT road can be purchased at the rate of Rs1.8cr
A few of the prominent features of GT road are
- All the shops on GT road can be easily accessed
- Transport facilities are available every time
- Availability of all the basic utilities
- A well-established trade route
If you are looking for residential plots in Jhelum, give a read to this Blog: Top 5 Locations to Buy a Residential Plot in Jhelum